Friday, November 20, 2009

When someone has adult acne are they lacking in some nutrient?

What causes it? I seem to get worse around PMS time etc.

When someone has adult acne are they lacking in some nutrient?
i had adult acne...i never had it as a kid, and then it just came up. around the jawline and hairline, and even my cheeks. i was told that hormone levels and stress cause it. i tried taking birth control to regulate hormones, and working out to get rid of stress...but it did nothing. neither did traditional creams or oral medications. i have read several articles saying that traditional methods of acne treatment don't really work, and that they don't totally understand what causes adult acne. it's difficult to treat. it was very difficult for me to deal with, not having had it when i was young, and my confidence really suffered.





i was living in mexico at the time and went to a doctor who gave me "Orotane." she didn't ask me to change my diet at all, she didn't address any missing nutrients. when i began the meds though, she did tell me not to eat any extra potasium, or vitamin A....but i think that had more to do with the medicine than the acne. she also told me to not get pregnant, and that i could not get pregnant until i was off the medicine for at least 1 year.





when i got back to the US my doctor told me to throw the medicine in the trash right away, that it was highly dangerous and against the law here in the US. (mostly because of lawsuits, not the actual drug) well, i didn't. i took it for the remaining 3 months (6 months total) and i have ZERO acne. it's awesome. and my bloodwork is fine and i am very healthy. although i certainly plan to wait at least the full year or more before becoming pregnant. it was very strange though...for about 5 and 1/2 months, i showed little improvment, and then all of the sudden...within the last two weeks it was gone and never came back. i still ocasionally get a zit or two right before my period, but now i have found that a quick round of antibiotics WILL clear it, whereas before Orotane, antibiotics did nothing.
Reply:Hormones defiantly has an affect on your adult acne.





Some people would say you maybe don't absorb or digest the nutrients that you need. Or you might be eating too much sugar and processed foods. It might be you need more healthy fats or you are wearing make up or lotion that clog your skim pores.





Drink more water, Eat healthy, exercise. Eat some healthy fats...olive oil %26amp; avacodo for example


No comments:

Post a Comment